I realize that preparing for your engagement session can be a little overwhelming. Over the next few pages, I’ll be providing tips for outfits, handling nerves and recommendations that will make your shoot the best it can possibly be!
the basics + what to bring
POCKETS | Empty your pockets! Literally. You don’t want to have key chains or phones showing through your pockets. (This is for the guys especially!)
TIMING | The sun sets quickly especially if your shoot is not in the summer months. The later you arrive, the less time we have to shoot! Once the sun is set, the shoot will be over.
RING CLEANING | Clean the ring! I love to shoot a few rings shots while you change outfits! The cleaner the better.
CHANGING CLOTHES | As much as I would like to say that we always have restrooms for outfit changes, more often than not, our clients do quick outfit changes in their car if there are no other options!
DEEP BREATHS | I’m going to help you along the way and it’s going to be a blast! Enjoy this time together, and make a date out of it! Plan dinner afterwards and celebrate!!
PARKING FEE | This may not apply to your shoot, but you al-ways want to plan in advance for a cash-only parking fee that we may encounter or any tolls. We’ve had instances where this has caused some stress and stress is what we want to avoid!
CLOTHING | I’ll explain this more in-depth in the next few pages but generally, our couples like to bring one casual outfit and one dressier outfit! If you’re unsure about a few pieces, feel free to bring all options and I can help you decide.
LIP COLOR & HAIRSPRAY | You may need to apply more lip color after one outfit change and a few kisses. (If you have a bold lip color, try to have a matte finish so it won’t transfer to your groom as intensly!). Hairspray and a brush will be helpful if your hair strug-gles in the humidity!
FLIP FLOPS | If you’re wearing shoes that are difficult to walk in but look awesome, bring some comfy shoes to change to while we walk to each shooting location!
I am looking forward to our time together!! And just to keep you well-informed, you can expect your images to be ready anywhere from 2-3 weeks post-shoot!
We’ll see you soon!!
Here’s my cell number just in case you need it! : 469-732-1980
BOLD or NEUTRAL
DRESSY or CASUAL
CLASSIC or TRENDY
These choices represent the three main decisions you will have to make in regards to your outfit choices. There are no right or wrong answers! Maybe you want one outfit to be dressy and the other to be casual. Maybe you want one outfit to be very light and nuetral but you want to wear more color in the next outfit. These categories will hopefully help you determine what you’re hoping for in your engagement session. If you’re feeling stuck and can’t seem to determine what you prefer, that’s very normal!
Here are some general “rules of thumb” when it comes to styling during an engagement session. Once you read through these, you may have a better understanding of what you perfer and you can start planning your outfits. These “rules of thumb” are based off of my experience and aren’t concrete rules that can’t be broken. However, if you have questions about one of them in regards to what you want to wear, just email me and we can talk about what would be best! :
1. Colors to avoid : bright reds, neons, bright oranges (they reflect color onto skin and can be difficult to edit!)
2. Avoid patterns smaller than a quarter : Tiny patterns cause something called “Chromatic Abberation” in digital images. Men’s checkered shirts are fine if the “checks” are on the larger side.
3. Alternate Heaviness: If one of you is wearing very dark jeans, the other may want to wear lighter pants. If one of you is wearing a navy top, the other shouldn’t wear a dark/heavy colored top. To a certain degree, alternating the “heaviness” of your outfits can make your images look more balanced.
4. Avoid one of you being casual while the other is more dressy: This can look a bit awkward in photos. If one of you is dressed up and the other is casual, it can look a little odd in your images.
5. Other things to avoid: Tennis shoes, Graphic tees, Bold logos on shirts, Sunglasses & Baseball Hats
THINGS TO AVOID
- 120 minute Photo Session
- Up to 3 outfit changes
- Travel up to 30 miles outside of OKC
- An online shareable gallery
- 75-85 Edited, high resolution, digital images
- Full printing rights
- Rate: 475 usd
You’re going to be amazing models! We always tell our couples that the BEST models are the ones who have never modeled professionally before! And we mean it! The couples who are usually most nervous are the couples who totally rock their session! So be encouraged! Get excited!